Looking for a faith-filled Catholic gift? Our gift sets pair curated pieces from our shop to create a lovely and thoughtful gift for any occasion.
Theology of Home II: The Spiritual Art Of Homemaking
Though there has been a resurgence in the domestic arts and a desire to live a simpler lifestyle, the role of a homemaker is still unpopular. Viewed as an unfulfilling and even oppressive way of life, many women feel a sense of shame or futility in managing the world of their home.
Theology of Home: The Spiritual Art of Homemaking turns this misguided notion on its head, shining new light on the role of a homemaker as it relates the deepest truths of the Faith with an honest and fearless understanding of the modern world. Rather than looking to the 1950s for inspiration, Gress and Mering forge a new path by looking at the gifts women can offer those they love.
Filled with beautiful photography and interviews with several inspiring women, The Spiritual Art of Homemaking examines:
- what makes someone a homemaker and how we can look at the role with fresh eyes,
- how the dots between our love for home and the role of caring for a home can be reconnected,
- how we can reorient our purpose from achieving power for ourselves to caring for others,
- how to bear fruit in the various ways in which God calls us,
- how to foster the qualities that make us particularly adept and skillful at creating a home,
- the nature of both physical and spiritual motherhood,
- and how our Mother, the Church, gifts us the means to fulfill the role of a homemaker.
Whether single, married, or a working or stay-at-home mother, discover how to bring beauty, order, and vibrancy to the people and place you love most: Home.
- Author: Carrie Gress And Noelle Mering
- Format :Hardcover, 236 pages
- Publisher: TAN Books
Psalm 23 Candle:
Be led by the Shepherd into restoration with our Psalm 23 Candle. A refreshing medley of Woodland Ferns, Rock Moss, and Quiet Waters.
Handmade: Each candle is individually poured by a woman artisan who is a former refugee building a new life for herself and her family in the United States.
Fragrances: Phthalate-free premium fragrances infused with essential oils
Vessel: recyclable glass and white metal lid, 2.75" W x 3.7" H
Burn time: about 45 hours
Wax & Wick: all-natural soy and coconut wax with a pure cotton wick
"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul;" - Psalm 23
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Theology of Home Book II + Psalm 23 Candle - Gift Set